Recent Earthquakes in Utah and Idaho

If I've used the earthquake file from USGS correctly, I am definitely surprised at the amount of earthquakes (though small) that have occurred close to home for me.


Although I'm not extremely close to any of the marks for earthquakes that have happened in the last 30 days, it's slightly disturbing to see that within 5-7 hours of my front door earthquakes are happening. Living close to Yellowstone, and along offshoots of the Rocky Mountain range, I should not be so surprised. Noting the large quantity comparatively of tremors surrounding the Yellowstone region and caldera is a clear sign of its tectonic and the lithosphere's activity there.

We'll just have to see if God calls our family somewhere other than the rocky mountains before Yellowstone decides to blow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Examples of Metamorphic Architecture & Art

Right From the Backyard

Mid-Atlantic Ocean Ridge