Signs From the San Andreas Fault Line

In November of 2017 significant earthquake activity that is common along the San Andreras Fault line in California may be warning signs for the next "Big" earthquake to effect California.

Seismologists warn that the consistent building up of activity along the fault line could lead to earthquakes upwards of 8.0 magnitudes in the future, that could continue in occurrence for multiple years. The 1906 quake of 7.9 magnitude made it's name by taking the lives of 3,000 people.

For those of us in Utah, there are similar scares at times due to the shifting or sliding of the Wasatch Fault running from Southern Idaho to Central Utah. The fault terminates near the town Fayette. I remember an earthquake at my home when I was younger that caused the clock to shake on my piano. Although I felt like I was on Mary Poppins, I fear that more serious earthquakes due to both of these faults will come in the future.

Image result for what is the wasatch front fault line utah

https://weather.com/news/news/2017-11-16-earthquake-monterey-san-francisco-california-san-andreas-fault-big-one


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Examples of Metamorphic Architecture & Art

Right From the Backyard

Mid-Atlantic Ocean Ridge