Geology in My Everyday Life

I may be strange, but I truthfully notice geological features every day of my life. I'm fascinated by the mountains each morning as I drive/ride the train to work. I imagine how plates were moved to form them, and how years of erosion have effected their shape and height. I blame my mom for this, as she used to tell us all about plate tectonics on drives we would take as a family.

I found it interesting in the reading that the text gave historical background on geological theory including the notion that the earth's shape was due to catastrophes. That absolutely is the case, but only part of the time, and I'm very interested to see what this class has to offer in full as we move forward this semester and I gain a greater understanding and depth of appreciation for this incredible planet God has given us stewardship of. 

My personal favorite geological structure:


Grand Teton National Park, WY, USA.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Examples of Metamorphic Architecture & Art

Right From the Backyard

Mid-Atlantic Ocean Ridge